Sorts of hosting services
A hosting solution concerns storing and/or sharing particular content on a web hosting server handled by a website hosting distributor. There are various kinds of hosting services used for different ends, so let's have a peek at them. Doing so, you can conclude what you need, depending on whether you desire to own a weblog, e-mail addresses, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service made available by particular web hosts, which enables you to share big files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php website files in your browser. Free file hosting solutions often include adverts by the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a certain span of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a totally inapt explanation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would divide the load between different hosts of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous web page hosting services (email, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a brand of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain companies provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting variant is suitable if you desire to share a great amount of pics with buddies or associates since the service is commonly free. You will receive a random link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to managing your email accounts. Some distributors provide webspace hosting solutions for sites, but do not provide an email service. If you wish to own an email address with your domain name but do not desire to own a web site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can set up e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file creates a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and several hundred site viewers, you may have a problem with your web space hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will permit you to administer as many videos as you wish without bothering about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to own a website. To some extent, it includes all of the abovementioned hosting brands since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and e-mail accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Lonex, for instance, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated hosting services that allow you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in a single location. There may be limitations based on the kind of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are devised for specific web content solely.